US Customs Procedures
US Department of Transportation
Also known as DOT, it is the federal agency within the United States responsible for regulating the transportation sector.
All those transport companies operating in the United States must obtain the corresponding permits to do so.
It is an authority for those transport companies established within the American territory whose owners are American citizens and permanent residents in the USA.
This permit gives them the authority to circulate in the 48 states of the American union.
Intended for transport companies established within the American territory owned by American citizens and permanent residents in the USA, it grants the authority to circulate in 48 states of the American Union on the condition that the origin or destination of the goods is Mexico.
It is an authority for transport companies established in Mexico owned by Mexican citizens that allows free movement within the commercial zone of the United States (50 miles).
Diesel Tax License
This license is required by those companies that operate at least one motor vehicle powered by diesel fuel with the following weight and transit characteristics:
- It has two axles and a total registered weight of 26,000 pounds.
- It has three or more axes regardless of weight.
- It is used in combination with a total weight of more than 26,000 lbs.
- It circulates only in California and Mexico.
- It circulates in California and the company is assigned to a jurisdiction that is not a member of the International Diesel Tax Agreement.